Thursday, September 11, 2008

What about Obama's "muslim faith"?

On September 7, Barack Obama was interviewed by George Stephanopoulos. One of the subjects concerned Obama's contention that the Republicans were throwing out lies about his religion. Stephanopoulos, quoting McCain spokesman Rick Davis, said that the Republicans denied questioning his Christian faith.

Obama gave a typically convoluted response, but finally did concede that McCain had never questioned his "muslim faith." Stephanopoulos corrected him to "Christian faith." See if you think the look on Obama's face indicates that he was thinking, "Crap, I said the wrong thing!"

I must admit, that he probably meant that McCain had not questioned whether or not he was a muslim; however, it was an awfully strange way to put it, and it does make me wonder. I have never slipped when anyone has asked me about religious affiliation and said, "I'm a muslim -- Oh, I mean Christian!" And if Stephanopoulos, who was sitting right there with him, felt the need to correct him, it really makes me wonder!

The link is included here. See what you think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQqIpdBOg6I

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Even with Obama...the truth slips out every now and then!!