Saturday, September 6, 2008

What is wrong with people?

I blogged back some time ago about a person in our community who had been involved in a scandal and was bemoaning on the very public "Twitter" website the fact that people continued to make her the topic of conversation. Essie May's advice to her was to quit promoting herself on the internet and keep a low profile. She did take her blog off at that time, but she started another one, and she continued to keep the internet world informed of just how unforgiving people are and what a great life she has. For some reason, I found her posts fascinating -- it was amazing what went on in her mind. She has now quit her second blog, but she continues to "Twitter."

Today's "Twitter" is an example of why I find this middle school teacher's posts so captivating -- "So are you officially cool if a middle school student tells you that your outfit is 'tight' or does that mean it is too small?"

If I had been involved in a high profile affair with another woman's husband, I'd think twice before posting something like that. I'm not familiar with much of the current slang, and I'm sure "tight" does mean cool, neato, or something synonymous; however, given her circumstances, one has to wonder if she really was wearing something so inappropriate that it sparked a comment from one of her students. I don't think I'd be bragging about it to all of cyberspace.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She obviously has no shame whatsoever!