Wednesday, December 31, 2008

How's that again?

I was watching the news crawl on Channel 8 from Dallas the other day. I saw something on there that made me wait for it to come back around for a second reading, because I couldn't believe I had really seen what I thought I saw. Here's what it said: "Sotherby's is efforting to resolve the situation with sub-contractors."

What news writer came up with that one? I realize the story must be told as succinctly as possible in a crawl, but give me a break! Let's at least use nouns as nouns and verbs as verbs and refrain from making up words! What's wrong with the old tried and true "trying"? It would take up less space than "efforting," and as an added bonus, it's a real verb!

And this being my last post for 2008, may I say to you, "Effort to have a prosperous and Happy New Year!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha!! Essie you crack me up...thanks for ending the year on a funny note.