Saturday, July 30, 2011

Pardon that man!

Jerome Ersland is a pharmacist. He had a drug store in Oklahoma City. He was found guilty of first-degree murder in the May 19, 2009, shooting death of Antwun Parker. He was sentenced to life in prison.

I am a real law and order type of person, but this man deserves a pardon from the Governor. Why am I taking up for a murderer? Here's how the "murder" went down. Antwun and one of his brothers from the 'hood, Jevontai Ingram, came into the pharmacy wearing ski masks and demanding money and drugs. Ersland shot Antwun in the head. He then chased Jevontai from the store.  When he came back in, he grabbed another gun and fired five more bullets into Antwun.

I can't say as I wouldn't have done the same thing. When Antwun and Jevontai entered that store, they didn't care who got hurt. Ersland just made sure it was not the innocent people in the pharmacy. Ersland's son, Jeff, stated it quite eloquently: "We believe that armed robbers who enter our businesses and threaten our lives bear the responsibility for the outcome of an armed conflict that they initiate."

Jeff has circulated a petition asking Governor Mary Fallin for a pardon. He has 17,000 signatures. I'd gladly add my name to it!

"Pharmacist gets life in teen's shooting." The Dallas Morning News; July 12, 2011; p. 4A.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would gladly put my name on it too. I remember when this happened...I was appalled they actually filed charges against him. They should have given him a medal! How could anyone sit on a jury and convict him of murder?