Saturday, August 20, 2011

I don't get it.

Nolan Ryan has announced that the Texas Rangers will erect a statue of Shannon Stone at the Ballpark. Shannon Stone is the man who died when he fell over a railing earlier this summer.

While I have every sympathy for the man's family, I don't quite get why he rates a statue for what some might consider careless behavior. It seems these days that we are so starved for heroes that anyone who dies a tragic death is automatically elevated to that status. I don't get it.

Paris News funny for the day: Connie Beard, in a story about a telephone solicitation scam, says that the callers are praying on veteran heartstrings. Now, I ask you, if they're praying folks, can they be all that bad?

"Statue to honor fan." The Dallas Morning News; August 16, 2011; p. 5C.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL, I love the Paris New funny! I also agree with your opinion on the statue...I found it an odd thing for them to do too.