Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Dumb Quote of the Day
 
"I hope no one uses the term 'illegal immigrants' here today. Our citizens are not -- our -- the people in this country are not illegal. They are out of status. They are new Americans that are immigrants, and I think that we can forge a path to citizenship that will be able to pass muster." -- U.S. Representative John Conyers, D-Mich, during a House Judiciary Committee hearing on immigration policy.
 
So the next time I get stopped for speeding, I'm just going to say, "Oh, I'm not a speeder. I'm just out of status, and I think that we can forge a path out of this ticket that will be able to pass muster."
 
And can't you just hear the bank robber: "I'm not a robber. I'm just out of status, and I think that we can forge a path to my possession of this money that will be able to pass muster."
 
RIDICULOUS!
 
"Talking Points." The Dallas Morning News; February 10, 2013; p. 1P.
 
 


No comments: