Friday, February 15, 2013

We must do background checks for alcohol!
 
In 2010 (the latest year for which I could find complete statistics), there were 8,306 murders committed by people using guns. That same year, there were 10,228 murders by drunk people using cars.
 
I propose that we require universal background checks for every person ordering a margarita at his favorite Mexican restaurant or stopping by the convenience store for a 6-pack of beer. In fact, we should limit beer to a 2-pack. Those high capacity little plastic rings that hold the cans together are dangerous, because they allow you to carry more beer at one time without reloading.
 
In fact, I just might consider proposing banning alcoholic beverages altogether (if I thought I could get it passed). But, wait, seems to me like they tried that about 95 years ago, and as I recall from history, it really didn't work too well. Maybe the advocates of tossing 2nd amendment rights should look at what happened during Prohibition. They might learn something.
 
 
 

 


No comments: