Friday, February 22, 2013

I wish I were the judge!
 
I wish I were the judge in this frivolous lawsuit. I'd throw the case out and charge the plaintiff all sorts of court costs. We need to start making examples of these idiots.
 
Clint Bench has no hands and does not use prosthetics. He is suing Six Flags because they won't let him get on the Aquaman Splashdown ride. The Aquaman Splashdown is one of those boat rides similar to the log flume, only the boats are larger. The splashdown drop is more than 119 feet.
 
I've ridden this ride before, and even with hands and holding on, I came out with some rather large bruises on my legs. I can just see the lawsuit if this man were injured because he couldn't grab hold of the safety restraint.
 
Even in his suit, he admits that it's stupid to ride with no hands. "There are many people who, . . . in a silly display of bravado, keep their hands in the air for the duration of the ride." But if one were to stand on the bridge spanning the splashdown point and watch, I'll just bet that every one of those silly people grasp the restraint at or slightly before the point of impact.
 
Anyway, this man is married and has two kids. Doesn't he have anything better to do than grouse because he can't get on an amusement park ride? He claims mental anguish -- I think he's just mental.
 
"Handless man sues Six Flags." The Dallas Morning News; February 14, 2013; p. 5B.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There is no end to the stupidity!