Sunday, March 2, 2008

I support him, but darned if I know why!

Actual dialogue from the telephone call I just received:

Me: Hello.

Caller: (background noise)

Me: Hell0.

Caller: Hello, I'm Julie and I'm calling on behalf of the Service Employees Union and . .

Me: What's the Service Employees Union?

Caller: It's a union of service employees and we're . . .

Me: What kind of service employees?

Caller: And we're supporting Barack . . .

Me: What kind of service employees?

Caller: Well, uh . . .

Me: Like waiters and waitresses, or mechanics, or . .

Caller: Well, I don't really know, but we're supporting Barack Oba . . .

Me: Well, if you don't know who you're calling for, how do you know they're supporting Barack Obama?

Caller: I'm supporting Barack Obama.

Me: Oh, so why are you supporting Barack Obama?

Caller: Uh, I really don't have time to get into that right now.

Me: You're calling to ask for my vote, but you don't have time to explain to me why?

Caller: Thank you for your time, this call was paid for by SEU . . .

Me: Paid for by who?

Caller: (Click)

And that is about all the substance there is to Barack Obama!

No comments: