Saturday, March 29, 2008

Well looky there -- there's ol' Billy Bob!

Have you noticed how political candidates always seem to spot someone they know in the crowd at their rallies no matter what little Podunk town they happen to be in?

I challenge you to find one piece of news footage from these events where the candidate's face doesn't, at some point, light up with recognition and he points into the crowd and waves like he's just found his long-lost brother. Do you really believe Barack and Hillary know someone in every town they visit? Do you think they really even know where they are half the time? I guess they do this to try to project the image of "Hey, I'm one of you -- why I see old Billy Bob over there."

Wouldn't it be fun on an interview show to bring up one of those newsreels and say, "Senator Clinton, this is footage from your visit to Bug Tussle, could you tell us who you saw here when you pointed and waved?" I know -- I bet it was one of the comrades who faced sniper fire with her on her trip to Bosnia!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hillary was in my town last night. She never even looked my way! (Of course not, I wasn't there). She was less than 2 miles from me but I would not waste the gas to drive there!

Anonymous said...

It's sad but evidently the general population seems to fall for that garbage....people seem to accept things on face value. Thought and reasoning seem to be a thing of the past.