Thursday, April 30, 2009

Does this sound like a high school graduate?

There is a thread in the local Topix forum about where the graduation ceremony for Paris High School will be held. This was posted by one of the graduating seniors in response to a suggestion that, except in unusual circumstances, it's really only the immediate family who cares to be at a graduation anyway:

"Yeah Idk if your family didn't love you enough to watch you get that piece of paper but mines do..I'm also graduatin from 2009 and I have two sides of the family who would LOVE to see me walk thank you.. And I don't think its right that i have to choose the top 5 because me and my families are close and i have NO idea who to choose..Its not right..its OUR graduation anyways..let us have it the way we want it "

I commented on the forum that I wondered, given the way she wrote, if her diploma would have a signature. She responded that it most certainly would. She ranks 13th in her class. Heaven help us!

No comments: