Saturday, April 25, 2009

Why was he free?

Abel Quinonez won't hurt anybody else. He was shot and killed earlier this month by Garland, Texas, police who had responded to a domestic disturbance at his estranged wife's home. He had attacked her with a crowbar and a lamp post.

Abel Quinonez was on parole after serving 17 years for aggravated robbery. What really makes my blood boil is that he was arrested a few days before his death for aggravated sexual assault of a child. In case you don't know, the aggravated charge means he raped the child. As I asked in an earlier post, what do I have to do to get my parole revoked?

Had Quinonez not been killed, I have no doubt he would be roaming our streets today. We need to give a medal to the officer who fired the fatal shot.

"Parolee shot, killed by police." The Dallas Morning News; April 7, 2009; p. 3B.

No comments: