Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Clueless or Deceitful?

Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius is heading up damage control for Obama's failing health control plan. She answered some questions the other day -- and not quite truthfully.

Will Medicare benefits be cut? No, she says. But then she says that they will save money by eliminating "unnecessary" procedures and hospital readmissions. Who decides what's unnecessary? The government, of course. That translates to a cut in Medicare benefits. Who decides whether a patient should be readmitted to the hospital? The government, of course. That translates to a cut in Medicare benefits.

Will health care be rationed? No, she says. She says insurance companies already ration care. That may be true, though I've never had my company tell me I can't have a procedure done. However, let's concede that that's the case. Now, if I don't like my insurance company, I can go shop for another one. When Obama care goes into effect, I won't have that option anymore. Now, if my insurance doesn't pay for a procedure, I can pay for it myself. Much of that will be eliminated under Obama care. That means I can't get the procedure at all if the government says no. The brother of Obama's closest advisor, Rahm Emanuel, advocates using a point system to decide who should receive care and who should not. Ezekiel Emanuel says in his book, "Services provided to individuals who are irreversibly prevented from being or becoming participating citizens are not basic and should not be guaranteed." Sounds like rationing out the old folks and the really sick ones, doesn't it?

I don't think we should take a chance on this thing. We might just jump from a fairly comfortable frying pan into a flaming conflagration.

"Palin: Obama plan evil." The Dallas Morning News; August 8, 2009; p. 7A.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do you know the scariest thing? I hear people say, "Don't worry it will never pass." But they are the same people that said, "Obama will never get elected!"