Friday, August 28, 2009

How many blacks does it take . . .

We have literally gone "diversity" crazy. I am so sick of that word. How many times have you read of someone having to go through diversity training because of some completely innocent remark that was twisted by a racist activist? The major cause of the housing meltdown which has put our economy in such peril and led to the election of an incompetent to the White House was in the name of diversity. In the name of diversity, qualified people are denied jobs and other opportunities which are awarded to minorities less qualified.

The popular trend now among acitivists and politicians is to force charitable foundations to meet diversity targets in their giving and on their staffs. In the forefront of a national trend, in 2008, the California Assembly passed a bill that required all California foundations with assets of over $250 million to report the race and sex of their grantees' board and staff members and the race and sex of their own board and staff members as well. That means if I'm a billionaire living in California, and I decide I want to give away some of my money, and I form a non-profit foundation through which to funnel that money, I'll probably have to put some blacks and hispanics on my board, and I'll have to give a percentage of my money to minority causes. You know what I'll do? I'll just keep my money and not give any of it away! That's a very simplistic explanation, but the core of it is sound. In the name of diversity, these meddling politicians will dry up charity.

"Forcing patrons' hands." The Dallas Morning News; February 8, 2009; p. 1P.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Isn't that just like the government, they take most of what you have, then tell you how and who you can give the rest to!