Monday, August 17, 2009

Pigs fly; snow forecast for hell.

I've often said the day I agree with Al Sharpton pigs will fly and it will snow in hell. It's happened.

He is part of a national campaign against the "stop snitching" culture. That's where one black doesn't turn another one in. The specific case referenced was a little 9-year-old girl shot in a drive-by. Everyone in the area developed a case of blindness -- "We didn't see nothin'." The Reverend Al told them, "You are traitors to your race and denigrating our community."

I have to wonder if Al would be encouraging them to turn in the killers had the little girl been white. I think he probably wouldn't have cared then. So maybe pigs haven't sprouted wings and there are still no snowmen in the devil's domain. I don't think it's a case of me agreeing with Al Sharpton as much as, in just this one instance, Al agrees with me.

"Won't snitch on a killer? You're a coward,." The Dallas Morning News; February 9, 2009; p. 15A.

No comments: