Thursday, October 22, 2009

More media bias.

When an abortion doctor is murdered by a misguided pro-life advocate, bulletins break in on the TV programming and it's front page news. The media opine about the dangerous right-wing fundamentalists, and the heroic victim. Remember when Dr. George Tiller was killed last summer? That's all we heard about for days.

But when a pro-abortion nut murders a pro-life activist, little is said. It makes page 6 in the newspaper if it makes it at all. Harlan James Drake killed an abortion protester across the street from a high school last month because he didn't like his sign. The sign had a picture of an aborted baby on it. I guess Drake thought gunning down a man in front of the students wouldn't affect them as much as that picture.

Out of curiosity, to test my theory about media bias, I googled Harlan James Drake. I got 106,000 hits. Then I googled Scott Roeder. He's the man who killed the abortion doctor. I got 847,000 hits. What do you think?

"Gunman bearing grudges kills 2, authorities say." The Dallas Morning News; September 12, 2009; p. 6A.

No comments: