Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Faith and begorrah if it's not Jack Kennedy!

I know a lady who does so much texting, that if you tell her a joke in person she will actually say, "LOL!" I have to admit I was doing the same thing when I read about Obama's trip to Ireland.

Of course, both Presidents Kennedy and Reagan were extremely proud of their Irish roots, and they made well-publicized trips to Ireland during their terms in office. With Obama's ship sinking fast, I guess he's trying to align himself with two of the most popular Presidents of the 20th Century.

He claims his forebears came from Moneygall, a town he will visit. In preparation for his coming, the locals have written a song for him . . . "There's no one more Irish than Barack O'Bama." That's about where my loudest "LOL" came in. I suspect we may be seeing that apostrophe stuck in his name a lot from now on -- in fact, we may even get a revised birth certificate. I can see it now -- Barack Hussein Kamehameha Soetoro O'Bama. LOL!

"Obama gets back to roots in Irish visit." The Dallas Morning News; May 23, 2011; p. 10A.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for starting my day with a giggle!