Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Why do we tread on eggshells around muslims?

It perturbs me that Osama Bin Laden was afforded a 40 minute memorial service in Arabic with a burial in accordance with islamic law. Have we lost our minds? Why would we wax eloquent over a madman we justifiably executed?

It's because we didn't want to "offend" the muslims. But what about the families of the 3,000 people Osama killed? Do you think they, along with millions of other Americans, weren't offended by this action?

Just last month, General David Petraeus and the NATO representative in Afghanistan, Mark Sedwill, issued a joint statement condemning the nutcase in Florida who likes to burn the Koran. I agree wholeheartedly that he's just stirring up trouble, but their statement offends me. ". . . we . . . reiterate our condemnation of any disrespect to the Holy Quran and the Muslim faith. We condemn, in particular, the action of an individual in the United States who recently burned the Holy Quran." I am offended first by the reference to the "holy" Quran. It is not holy. It is full of lies. I am offended that their condemnation did not extend to the muslims who flew those planes on 9/11. I am offended that their condemnation did not extend to the muslim who tried to blow up a plane with a bomb in his shoe. I am offended that their condemnation did not extend to the muslim who tried to blow up a plane with a bomb in his underwear. I am offended that their condemnation did not extend to the muslim who tried to blow up a building in downtown Dallas with a car bomb. I am offended that their condemnation did not extend to the muslim who parked a car bomb in Times Square. I am offended that their condemnation did not extend to the muslim who shot dozens of service and civilian personnel at Ft. Hood. All these muslims based their actions upon the so-called "holy" Quran. I am offended that are our leaders are afraid to acknowledge that fact.

"Quran protests go on." The Dallas Morning News; April 4, 2011; p. 8A.

No comments: