Sunday, July 13, 2014

Target is playing both sides.

Target has "respectfully requested" that its customers not carry their firearms, concealed or otherwise, in its stores. That's fine. I'll just shop where I can carry my licensed concealed weapon. But wait -- further into the article, we see that "Target will not post signs outside stores and has no further plans to advertise its position on the issue."

That means that in Texas, it will still be perfectly legal for me to carry my concealed gun into Target, because according to the law, if they don't want me to bring my gun in, they must have a sign posted telling me I can't bring it in. And I will do just that. I don't intend to be a passive victim of some crazy idiot who decides it will make a statement to shoot everybody in the Target store.

So does Target not know the law, or are they just trying to play both sides against the middle?

"Leave guns at home, Target asks shoppers." The Dallas Morning News; July 3, 2014; p. 1A.

No comments: