Thursday, August 21, 2008

You go, Girl!

My new hero is Leda Smith of Point Marion, Pennsylvania. Leda is 85 years old. A few weeks ago, her neighbor was the victim of a burglary. As a result, Leda got a .22 revolver and placed it by her bedside.

Sunday afternoon, Leda heard someone breaking into her home. She says, "I just walked right on past him to the bedroom and got my gun." Then she held it on him, and here's the best part: she forced him to call 911! He had to call in his own crime! Isn't that priceless?

The 17-year-old she apprehended will be charged with attempted burglary. I can't figure out why it's just attempted -- he was in her house, so he succeeded in the burglary.

At any rate, Leda is my new hero. Don't you just love feisty old women?


"Woman, 85, busts would-be burglar." The Dallas Morning News; August 20, 2008; p. 5A.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a hoot! Gotta love gutsy old people! God Bless America!

Anonymous said...

I do love feisty old women because I am one! A burgler might get the best of me but he would have a fight on his hands!

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't fight about anything they wanted to take from my house except for my SNICKERS and DIET DR PEPPER! (AND MAYBE MY PICTURE ALBUMS)