Saturday, August 23, 2008

Shall we boycott?

I love Hallmark cards, especially the Shoebox line featuring Maxine. And I'm not one to go in for boycotts as I think they are usually empty gestures. However, Hallmark has crossed a line, and I will no longer buy Hallmark cards, stationery, ornaments, candles, or anything else they market.

Why am I taking this stand? Hallmark has debuted their same-sex wedding cards. They have four designs, one featuring two tuxedos with "Two hearts: One promise," as the sentiment inside. Isn't that just too sweet? I was not aware that the company started distributing their "coming out" cards last year, or my boycott would already be several months old.

American Greetings is Hallmark's largest competitor, and they have no plans to introduce such cards into their lines. From now on, they get my business. If you agree with me on this issue, I hope you'll do the same. Let Hallmark make their profit off the perverts.

"Gay marriage line unveiled." The Dallas Morning News; August 22, 2008; p. 9A.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

No more Hallmarks for me either!! I'm with ya Essie!!!

Anonymous said...

That's no problem for me! Most of the time I buy the less expensive cards at the Dollar Store anyway which are not HALLMARK!

Anonymous said...

Can I just say....what?? As if gays aren't thrown in our face enough!