Sunday, July 19, 2009

I just don't understand.

Can someone explain to me what closing Guantanamo will accomplish? Those terrorists still need to be detained somewhere, so what does it matter if it's there or somewhere else? I just don't understand.

Can someone explain to me how Obama's stimulus package has pulled us "back from the brink" when unemployment rates are still rising? I just don't understand.

Can someone explain to me how taxing health care benefits, employers, and charitable contributions is not "raising taxes"? I just don't understand.

Can someone explain to me how it's wise to tell Russia, "We will not aim a missile at you if you attack us"? I just don't understand.

Can someone explain to me why a woman who has made statements such as, "I can make a better decision than a white man," is being considered for the Supreme Court? I just don't understand.

Can someone explain to me how a senator can come up with a plan as cockamamie as giving every child born in the U.S. a $500 savings account with the government to match up to an additional $500 each year? I just don't understand.

Can someone explain to me how building parks and jungle gyms is included in the health care bill? I just don't understand.

Can someone explain to me how you're labelled a homophobe if you believe the Bible on homosexuality, but those who don't believe the Bible aren't labelled biblophobes? I just don't understand.

Can someone explain to me why it's not racist to give a man a job because his skin color is black, but it is racist to give a man a job because his skin color is white? I just don't understand.

Can someone explain to me why people who have children out of wedlock expect the taxpayers to support their broods? I just don't understand.

Can someone explain to me how anyone could think it wise to make it easier for high-risk people to get loans when that's what got us into this financial mess in the first place? I just don't understand.

Is it just me, or is there a lot in this world today that's just not very understandable?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It isn't just you Essie. I sure don't understand either!

Anonymous said...

Great post Essie! You're not alone...I think the majority of the nation feels the same way you do. That's why it is so hard for me to understand how in the world Obama got elected.