Sunday, June 6, 2010

What's wrong with America (or North Mexico)

There was a tragic apartment fire in Cockrell Hill over the Memorial Day weekend. Three people were killed, and dozens lost their possessions. I feel sorry for all of them.

HOWEVER, I would wager that most of them are illegal. Most of them don't speak English, and they say they have nowhere else to go. One of the residents, speaking through an interpreter, said he hoped the Red Cross would help him find a place to live. See -- that attitude is a lot of the problem around here. If my house burned down, my attitude would be, "Gee, I've got to get out and find a place to live."

In this case, I suggest the Red Cross look first in Mexico for places for them to live.

"3rd body found after complex fire." The Dallas Morning News; May 31, 2010; p. 1B.

No comments: