Saturday, January 2, 2010

We don't care if you're corrupt.

Despite all the publicity about what a corrupt organization ACORN is, and despite the congressional vote to cut off all funding to ACORN, Federal Judge Nina Gershon has ruled that we must continue to funnel money to these crooks. December 11, Gershon said in her ruling that it is in the public's interest for the community group to continue receiving federal funding. I don't know about you, but I can't see how it's in my interest at all. In fact, I resent my hard-earned money being used to rig elections, teach people how to scam the welfare system, and provide covers for people bringing in underage illegals for prostitution.

ACORN claims that Congress' decision to cut off their funds was unconstitutional because they were punitively targeted. My goodness! Since when did it become unconstitutional to say we're not going to bilk the taxpayers for this shady operation? And maybe they wouldn't have been "targeted" if they were a legitimate group.

Nina Gershon needs to be removed from the bench!

"Judge rejects fund cutoff to ACORN." The Dallas Morning News; December 12, 2009; p. 4A.

No comments: